Engineering Manager- AviationAeropeople Ltd Live
Job Title: Engineering Manager- Aviation
Salary:£55,000- £64,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: UK Wide (hybrid role)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as an Engineering Manager- Aviation. The role will require regular travel to Glasgow but can be based throughout the UK and will be hybrid/ remote working.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be working on the integration of the CH-148 Cyclone helicopter system within the exciting Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) programme. This is an excellent opportunity where you will be working on a new class of ship and aircraft covering all aspects of the operational, functional and physical/engineering for the helicopter.
This role forms part of a small team where you will be working independently at times with further development and progression opportunities available. There is also the opportunity to travel to Canada as part of the project.
• Accountable to the Senior Engineering Manager for Aviation and Outfitting for inputs to the Outfitting CAP, including monitoring schedule and reporting variances
• Responsible for the Line Management and reporting of a medium sized engineering team, including managing career progression and training aspirations
• Responsible for producing reports, calculations and contractual deliverables associated with engineering area, including close liaison with the Technical Authority and other engineering areas
• Responsible for the production and review of resource estimates to support the Project Management team in producing bid estimates to the customer
• Act as the SME within the Delivery Team for Aviation, remaining up to date with legislation, class rules and design changes across the GCS Programme that will affect the design or contracted deliverables
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Extensive experience of managing Naval Architecture effort or equivalent experience in a heavy industrial/ marine environment
• People management experience, Transformational mindset
• Previous experience on other projects of complexity (new build)
• Experienced in Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes
• Major Programme experience at a senior level - concept, build and support
• Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution.
• Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com