Job Title: Principal Engineer- Mechanical Engineering (Propulsion- Nuclear Interfaces)
Salary:up to £55,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Barrow in Furness (hybrid)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Mechanical Engineering (Propulsion- Nuclear Interfaces). The role will be based in Barrow in Furness and offers hybrid working as well as flexible working hours- the expectation is to be on site 3 days per week and working remotely 2 days per week.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As part of the Propulsion Team, you will be involved in the design and development of the propulsion plant across all major systems and equipment alongside specifying and supporting the procurement of all propulsion equipment. This will be an opportunity to be part of a brand-new Submarine programme where you will take ownership and shape the designs throughout this exciting project.
• Management of interface requirements and Verification & Validation evidence between the submarine platform and the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant
• Support the production of Design Substantiation Reports and ALARP statements in line with the Nuclear Safety Case
• Support integration of Nuclear Steam Raising Plant requirements with shipyard build, test & commissioning processes
• Engagement with the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant Technical Authority and the Submarine Delivery Agency to support design mabaturity development, integration and decision making
• Undertake peers reviews / checking of design deliverables to ensure integration of nuclear interface requirements
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' servicee
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Experience in engineering design with a speciality in Nuclear Engineering
• Strong communication skills and experience of working in collaborative project teams
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs