Job Title: Principal Engineer- Structural Engineering
Salary:up to £57,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Barrow in Furness (hybrid)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Structural Engineering. This role will be based in Barrow in Furness but hybrid working is available- the minimum expectation is 2 days on site every 2 weeks. Flexible working hours are also available.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
You would be joining the Hull Outfit team who are responsible for a wide range of equipment such as Non watertight doors, access systems, Preservations & Coverings, and structural walkways throughout the boats programme. This is an exciting opportunity to work on in build programmes for Dreadnought as well as the upcoming design and structural analysis work for SSN-AUKUS. There are opportunities to learn and grow within this role and Chartership is encouraged and supported throughout.
• Designing submarine structures by calculation to ensure they meet the required load cases and safety factors
• Analysing submarine structures through Finite Element Analysis
• Working alongside other engineering disciplines to deliver integrated system solutions
• Gathering evidence to demonstrate compliance of these solutions with safety, function, and performance requirements
• Authoring and reviewing design and analysis reports
• Presenting work to design review panels and key stakeholders
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree or equivalent experience in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline
• Analytical structural calculation skills
• Demonstrable Structural Engineering experience
• Submarine or Shipbuilding structural design/analysis experience
• Finite Element Analysis (FEA) knowledge using Abaqus CAE
• Welding/Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) knowledge
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs