Job Title: Senior Engineer- Mechanical Engineering (Platform)
Salary:up to £48,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Barrow in Furness (hybrid)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Engineer- Mechanical Engineering. The role will be based in Barrow in Furness and offers hybrid working (2- 3 days on site per week or 1 week onsite in 4). Flexible working hours are also available.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As a part of the Platform Mechanical Engineering team, you will be responsible for the design, development and qualification of key mechanical systems on our Dreadnought programme. You will be involved in a wide range of activities; from all stages of design from concept phases, maintaining design intent through the product life cycle, change management and configuration control, resolving build, commissioning, and in-service issues. You will be working with their supply chain and submarine delivery programme partners to support their customer, the UK Royal Navy.
• Delivering the design for Dreadnought platform mechanical systems, transitioning from design into the build phase
• Executing, evaluating, delivering, and managing complex engineering and/or cross functional tasks
• Engineering verification and validation activities
• Providing engineering evidence and assurance to ensure customer requirements have been met
• Contributing to the identification and rapid closure of issues emerging from all product lifecycle stages
• Providing engineering advice and capability to support submarine acceptance, build, test, and commissioning activities
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in relevant STEM subject (Engineering/ Physics/ Math's/ Science)
• Demonstrable experience of the development and delivery of mechanical systems across the full engineering lifecycle for one or more of the following systems
• Pressurised Air & Gas - high/medium/low pressure compressed air systems, compartment, auxiliary vent and emergency blow systems, nitrogen and oxygen systems, emergency breathing air systems
• Hydraulics - hydraulic actuation and control systems including main and external hydraulics, steering and hydroplane control, auto lube, hydraulic oil transfer systems
• HVAC - air purification, combined oxygen generation systems, scrubbing systems, atmosphere control and air particle detection, ship and battery ventilation
• Cooling - seawater, chilled water, fresh water for service and domestic consumption, stores refrigeration
• Domestics - desalination plants, hot & cold-water services, liquid and solid waste management, bilge and drainage systems, tank sounding and venting
• Diesel Generators - auxiliary power generation, exhaust systems, sea water cooling, snort induction and VEX masts
• Survival, Life Support and Fire-fighting Systems - spray and water mists systems, automatic fire-fighting systems and equipment, abandonment and emergency escape equipment and systems
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com