Job Title: Senior Engineer- Systems (Legal & Regulatory/ Requirements & Acceptance)
Salary:up to £48,500 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Glasgow or Bristol (hybrid)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Engineer- Systems (Legal & Regulatory/ Requirements & Acceptance). The role can be based in either Glasgow or Bristol and offers hybrid working- individual circumstances will be discussed. Flexible working hours are also available.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Working in the Requirements and Acceptance team you will be required to lead in the development and management of the project's Legal & Regulatory compliance obligations. You will also be responsible for developing and collating evidence to demonstrate to the customer that the project's requirements have been met.
• Maintain lists of Legislation, Regulations & Standards used on the project and of L&R owners
• Act as point of contact with central Governance team and T26 project teams to manage amendments to current L&R
• Establish and maintain the body of evidence confirming that all Legal and Regulatory obligations have been met for the project
• Support management and maintenance of requirements using requirements development practices, including compliance details, traceability, acceptance characteristics, acceptance evidence and customer approvals
• Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
• Act as a point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve relatively complex problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives
• Maintaining a level of SQEP for the role through personal and professional development
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Legal & Regulatory compliance
• A good understanding of the engineering lifecycle
• Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation.
• Competence and capability with requirements capture and management software tools e.g. the Rationale software tools such as DOORS, etc.
• A good understanding of configuration management principles and software tools
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com