Senior Outfit EngineerAeropeople Ltd Live
Job Title: Senior Outfit Engineer
Salary:£42,000- £48,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: UK Wide (hybrid role)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Engineer- Outfit. The role will require travel to Glasgow every 6 weeks (approx) but can be based throughout the UK and will be hybrid working.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As a Senior Engineer, you will carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements. You will be working on a new class of ship and a new aircraft type.
• Update Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tool (Windchill) with mature parts, systems, occurrences, and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design
• Prepare technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification
• Produce Procurement Pack documentation
• Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit systems
• Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews as well as Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews
• Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
• Contribute to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team
• Answer technical queries about own work within their level of knowledge and competency
• Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the design, as directed by Line Management
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Good Experience in an Outfit Ship Design environment
• Degree qualified likely to be in a Technology, Engineering or Science related discipline
• Good experience in engineering or a defence related industry
• Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
• Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs