Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Salary:up to £70,000 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Systems Engineer. This role will be based in Rochester- hybrid working and flexible working arrangements are also available.
The company works at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
You will be part of the development and supply of products across a diverse mix of commercial and military platforms; Head Up and Head Worn Displays, Safety Critical Pilot Control and Flight Control Systems. The company encourages their Systems Engineers to gain a breadth of knowledge across these domains to become subject matter experts in one or more product domain, or a systems engineering specialism.
• Understanding our customers' complex needs and collaborating to develop, validate and manage requirements at multiple levels
• Developing complex system architectures and sub-systems using a Model Based Systems Engineering approach
• Integration, analysis and test of real time systems containing multiple technical disciplines such as electronic, mechanical, optical and software sub-systems.
• Taking accountability for collaborative technical work package execution and associated outcomes
• Providing guidance, coaching and nurturing talent in other engineers
• Verifying that customer needs are satisfied
• Steering new and improved systems development through implementation whilst making use of best practice systems lifecycle processes alongside techniques such as Learn First and Agile
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Proven experience developing systems in relevant product markets and/or domains, such as control systems, real time displays or other safety related systems, containing multiple technical disciplines such as electronics, mechanics, optics and/or software
• Proven experience in requirements management, design analyses, modelling and simulation, using tools such as DOORS, Siemens Polarion, Enterprise Architect, MATLAB and/or Simulink and design methodologies such as SysML
• A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant Scientific/Engineering subject (e.g., Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Physics or Mathematics)
• Experience in integration, test, and verification of real time and/or safety related systems, with understanding of safety assessment processes including how these processes influence the design
• Customer and/or supplier liaison experience for technical aspects, verifying and obtaining agreement that customer needs are satisfied
• An understanding of information assurance, cyber security and environmental impact aspects relating to real time embedded engineering products
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com