Software Team LeaderAeropeople Ltd Live
Job Title: Software Team Leader
Salary:up to £55,800 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Software Team Leader. The role will be based in Cowes on the Isle of Wight but there is the opportunity for hybrid working and flexible working arrangements.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
You will be based in the naval radar software team which contributes towards the software group working on the MFR radar and larger naval radar group that contains the Sampson, Artisan, 994, LRR and AWS10 radars. They maintain the existing systems and develop new capabilities for these radars that are installed on multiple Navy platforms.
• Leading a moderate sized team of software developers and being responsible for the required deliverables
• Planning, scheduling, assigning and reviewing work of the team, estimation, and reporting on progress
• Generation and management of requirements, design of technical solutions, software development of those solutions and testing
• Peer reviews and test definition
• Adherence to project processes and software development practices
• Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
• Production of technical documentation
• Liaising with multiple stakeholders
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree level qualified in computer science or software engineering background or relevant experience
• Experience in the Software development lifecycle and processes (e.g., design, coding, unit testing, system testing and integration), and tools (e.g., UML design tools, software IDEs)
• Experience with Ada, C, or C++, with real time software
• Object-oriented design/development including UML, SysML or XML
• Project planning and reporting
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com