Systems EngineerAeropeople Ltd Live
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Salary:£50,000- £60,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Chelmsford/ Portsmouth or Cowes
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world's leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Systems Engineer. This role can be based at any of the following sites: Chelmsford, Portsmouth or Cowes. There is also the opportunity for hybrid working and flexible working arrangements.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
This is a senior technical Systems Engineering role applying the principles of Systems Engineering to the entire engineering development lifecycle from requirement definition to system integration and customer acceptance into system customer support and disposal.
You will be working as a Systems Engineer within a small product team of inter-disciplinary engineers from a bespoke portfolio of new and existing products within their prestigious Product & Training Services division. This position provides excellent opportunities to develop both your own skills and also further your career within the wider company.
• Applying a breadth of knowledge, skills and experience of Systems Engineering approaches, techniques and governance to design and develop solutions and resolve engineering issues and problems for a range of products and engineering situations
• Applying the principles of Systems Engineering to the design and build of systems through the entire engineering lifecycle
• Discern and decompose requirements to system and sub-system level and manage these in an approved toolset such as IBM DOORS Next
• Undertaking system design decomposition and architectural modelling to subsystem level, including interface definition, and manage architectural models in a contemporary toolset such as Cameo Systems Modeller
• Define and articulate acceptance strategies in order to verify requirement compliance at each level of system design, supporting production of customer acceptance evidence
• Undertaking system integration, test planning and execution
• Maintaining a good working knowledge of contemporary engineering practices including Model Based Engineering (MBE/MBSE), digital threads, cyber security and safety procedures
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years' service/ 27 days after 10 years' service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• You will have experience in some or all of the following topics:
oUnderstands engineering principles and approaches underpinning design and development activities and be capable of systems thinking, applying holistic approaches to complex problems
oDemonstrates understanding, knowledge and experience of Systems Engineering which could include knowledge of Systems Engineering standards (e.g., ISO 15288)
oExperience of using a high-level design methodology (e.g. UAF, NAF, TOGAF, SysML, UML)
oExperience of requirements management (e.g., IBM DOORS Next) and configuration management
oExperience of some aspects of an engineering lifecycle and awareness of lifecycle models (e.g., Waterfall, Agile) and associated tools (e.g., JIRA)
oExperience of presenting both technical and non-technical information in a formal setting
oFurther education (or equivalent experience) in a relevant STEM discipline
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you're looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople's expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search Aeropeople Ltd' on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com