Engineering Manager- Auxiliary Systems
Job Title: Engineering Manager- Auxiliary Systems
Salary: up to £56,300 per annum dependent on experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as an Engineering Manager- Auxiliary Systems. This role will be based in Glasgow but hybrid/ flexible working is a possibility- individual circumstances will be considered and discussed.
The company works at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As part of this role, you will work with the Engineering Manager (Marine Systems), and the Engineering Manager (Auxiliary Systems) to deliver all aspects of engineering deliverables including Stage 1 Design, Change, Technical Query Management and system certification. You will also be managing the engineering resource for projects including the delivery of engineering work and services typically using an Integrated Project Team comprising of members of many disciplines and multiple interfaces with customers and suppliers.
The purpose of this role is to lead the Auxiliary Systems team and deliver engineering outputs. The role holder will be required to provide engineering and management expertise to the delivery of projects/programmes that are likely to have a value in excess of several millions of pounds and a significant headcount. You will be responsible for the development of engineering design and detail design output data for the project, including overall management responsibility for Stage 1 engineering Teams within cost, schedule and quality targets
• Delivery of Auxiliary Systems engineering effort to budget and schedule
• To manage the development of physical integration strategies, that will support the development of an optimised design solution, taking into account the many conflicting design constraints
• Familiarisation with the use of IT information systems to facilitate configuration control of the Bill of Materials and management of parts and their associated information attributes that will support design integration
• Provide discipline interface to other disciplines/ areas of the business
• Responsibility for technical output of the Auxiliary Systems
• Responsibility for providing leadership and direction in solving technical issues
• Lead and manage engineering staff or business partnerships/ Sub-contracts.
• Ensure each team member is assessed, developed, deployed and skilled to maximise their personal contribution and to meet the requirements of contracts, schedules and specifications
• Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases
• Identify resource requirements through the lifecycle of the project and manage engineering resource within agreed limits
• Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure Products are integrated, safe, fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost, quality, time and schedule
• Ensure capability and skills development, performance optimisation & maximisation and efficient use of engineering and functional resources
• Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured
• Review the processes and procedures within the span of control to reduce waste, improve efficiency and establish a dynamic and flexible best in class capability
• Interface and influence internal and external (customer and other stakeholders) such that product offerings meet requirements and specifications
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree qualified in a Marine Engineering related discipline and Chartered Engineer and Member of an appropriate Institute
• Good practitioner, by experience and expertise, in Marine Engineering Systems
• Experience in leadership and management of engineering scope
• Experience in the design, build, integration, support and operation of naval ships
• Experience in complex projects
• For Engineering Manager Level Degree qualified or equivalent experience, likely to be in a technology, engineering, science or IT related discipline Some disciplines may require a Masters level education. Chartered Engineer, or other relevant, equivalent professional registration
• Member of appropriate professional institution, ideally working towards Fellow.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com