Principal Engineer- Systems Engineering (Shared Cabinet Systems)
Job Title: Principal Engineer- Systems Engineering (Shared Cabinet Systems)
Salary: £55,000- £65,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Frimley, Weymouth, Portsmouth or Filton
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Systems Engineering (Shared Cabinet Systems). This role can be based at any of the following locations: Frimley, Weymouth, Portsmouth or Filton.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Their Integrated Combat Systems department falls within their Submarines division and they mainly supply to the UK MoD but with some work done in support of their international customers. The team is responsible for system design, build and/ or procurement of the major electronic and mechanical systems on a submarine, as well as provision of test, integration and support services.
They effectively incorporate rapidly evolving, commercial technology, new capabilities and changes coming from the operational environment into long-term build, maintenance and in-service programmes.
As Principal Engineer – Systems Engineering working within the Common Combat Team you will play a key role in the delivery of the update to the systems architecture and platform infrastructure equipment on which the combat systems for the UK Submarine Flotilla are built. This role will provide you with the opportunity to partake in engineering activities that help us support our submarines that play a critical role in our nation’s defence. This role could also lead to future opportunities either within the team or wider business.
• Responsibility for driving and influencing the design and development through coordination of activities in accordance with Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques across work packages
• Reviewing and influencing the technical requirements and architectural design for allocation and realisation of systems, sub-systems and specialist domains (safety/security/ILS/ human factors engineering) to ensure the logical and systematic conversion to a complete, coherent and integrated set of equipment level requirements and designs to allow sub-contract design, development, qualification and acceptance
• Engineering lifecycle tailoring, design review planning (including setting and managing technical maturity targets & KPIs) and development of technical packages of work.
• Delivery of programme level design reviews, including stakeholder coordination, design baseline and voids management. Overseeing and input to the change management process and controlling project scope.
• Understanding, coordinating, and aligning specialist domain (safety/security/ILS/ human factors engineering) processes etc. with the Systems engineering and design review process.
• Delivery of submarine class combat system, system, subsystem, and equipment designs
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Understanding and experience of shared cabinet systems desirable
• Use of Atlassian Jira & Confluence toolsets
• Systems requirements understanding
• Demonstrable experience in the specification, design, and development of complex systems, aligned to ISO-15288 (via Waterfall / V-Model engineering lifecycle frameworks)
• Understanding of relevant engineering standards, including safety and environmental regulations
• We are looking for motivated people who can take responsibility for their own outputs and be confident working autonomously and in a structured manner.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com