Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 dependent upon experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Senior Quality Engineer. This role will be based in Scotstoun, Glasgow and is a permanent position.
They work at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for completing the supplier assurance program. This would be supplier and subcontractor approvals, ensuring that contractual quality requirements are met through their Supply Chain and procurement quality procedures and specifications. All quality activities will be completed in accordance to Maritime Australia Supplier Quality Assurance Procedures.
This is a varied role where no two days are the same. Working with the Navy Ships programme, this is an exciting role with potential travel opportunities. This role has high visibility with the Naval Ships business with potential career opportunities and responsibilities across all procurement packages.
• Work as part of a team delivering a broad range of planned SQA activities across the HCFP. Provide assurance to management that quality practices are being effectively deployed across the HCF Supply Chain
• Undertake and lead the identification and implementation of quality improvement activities across the HCF Supply Chain
• Ensure Quality Standards are maintained to the satisfaction of internal and external Customers
• Supplier facing role representing the business during external surveillance activities
• Provide guidance, advice and support to suppliers on all quality related matters
• Conducting surveillance activates across the supply chain – Pre Delivery Verifications (PDV) Hold & Witness points, Factory Acceptance Tests and Product verifications across procurement packages in the UK and Europe
• Reviewing supplier Quality Assurance contractual deliverables – such as quality plans and test and Inspection and Test plans
• Support supplier with Corrective Actions and Root Cause Identification. Ensuring CA are closed out in timely manner
• Assist with Audits/Investigations internally and externally
• Provide competent advice on appropriate quality standards and quality conditions in contracts and proposals
• Build strong relationships and drive collaborative working with external suppliers. Support suppliers in achieving the RFT culture
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• QA/QC Experience in Ship build or heavy industry experience
• Knowledge of LR rules and regulations, defence standards, ISO’s
• Knowledge of Certification Requirements
• Knowledge of equipment and material inspection processes
• Proven track record in similar role
• Excellent understanding and interpretation of manufacture drawing
• Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft office suite
• ISO9001 2015 Lead Auditor
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Principles
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com