Weekend Aviation Opertions Manager
Friday – Monday
40 Hours per week / or 12 hour shifts
PERMANENT / CONTRACT / Temporary to PERMANENT
The Manager Operations reports to the Director Operations and is responsible for the efficient execution of the work scope. The Manager Operations will provide effective people and Systems management of aircraft maintenance projects. Ensure compliance with all regulatory and Company requirements and procedures.
Building a culture around the Five pillars set out by the company
• We are people and customer centric organisation
• We value performance and honour our commitment to share holders
• Operational excellence is fundamental to our company’s DNA and integral part of everything we do
• Working together with team spirit
• We are transparent and authentic at all times and at all levels of the organisation.
In your role, you will:
• Be responsible for the completion of all planned and ad-hoc maintenance project‘s to achieve OTD, through effective supervision and allocation of resources, equipment, assets, and systems.
• Be responsible for team compliance with environmental and Health & Safety regulations/guidelines and procedures.
• Management of airmanship standards, including compliance with regulations and company procedures to ensure continued airworthiness of the aircraft
• Responsible for meeting productivity and cost targets and exploring and implementing improvement opportunities
• Be thoroughly familiar with and follow the inspection systems and procedures of the MOE/WPI/ relative to the scope of their normally assigned duties.
• Deputise Director operations in his absence.
• Directly manage technicians in the performance of maintenance activities
• Provide input on future GSE and tooling requirements to the Director operations
• Ensure employees adhere to company policy and procedures
• Monitor housing and facilities for compliance with MOE/Part 145 requirements and report insufficiencies to the Director of Operations
• Working with the Planning /CPM’s/Stores departments to achieve required quality and cost targets as well as delivery of the maintenance product
• Supporting and implementing business change with a culture of continuous improvement.
• Ensure that personnel assigned to tasks are qualified to perform them.
• Delegate duties to any qualified individual as necessary. Such delegation does not relieve him of the overall responsibility for the team
• Carry out Performance reviews with all allocated members of the team.
As our ideal candidate,
• You have basic knowledge of Environmental, Health & Safety rules, Human Factors, Human performance/-limitations, and regulations as they apply to safety and environmental aspects of aircraft maintenance operations
• You can demonstrate intermediate to advanced computer literacy and have an excellent understanding of Engineering IT systems
• You will have experience of working within the scope of legal regulations and company requirements including sound knowledge of EASA/CAA airworthiness regulations
• You have experience managing a team
• You can provide a clear direction both inside and outside your team, including to relevant stakeholders such as customers and management
• You can focus planning activities on cost control and productivity, demonstrating excellent organisational and planning skills necessary to coordinate workload
• You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills necessary to effectively execute the work scope
• You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and all levels of management
• You have commitment to growing individual capability by motivating, coaching and developing others.
• You can delegate effectively and encourage team working, you must be considerate and respectful in all aspects of your work
• You will have business awareness and understanding of business change processes
• You have EASA Part 66 Aircraft Maintenance License or equivalent
• You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance programs for business jet aircraft
• You have basic knowledge of aircraft maintenance inspection programs for business jet aircraft
• You can demonstrate responsibility for your own work and continued professional development