Heat Treatment Engineer
Job Title: Heat Treatment Engineer
Salary: £13.00- £14.00 per hour dependent upon experience
An opportunity is now available to join a private, family- owned UK aerospace manufacturing group. Our client is looking to hire a Heat Treatment Engineer to be based at their site in Bristol. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week with an early finish on Fridays.
Established more than 80 years ago they have since merged with a second company to create a leading supplier of complex, machined components and assemblies for the aerospace industry. They have specialist capabilities including thread rolling, heat treatment and NDT with customers in civil, defence, production and aftermarket sectors.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for processing components through the heat treating facility to the correct specifications as detailed on respective approved data cards. To ensure that all relevant activities satisfy the requirements as detailed within the work instructions, customer specifications and national/ international standards.
• Processing components using Heat Treatment furnaces to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements.
• Creating and verifying process data cards to satisfy requirements detailed on drawings.
• Conducting all calibrations and associated checks in line with detailed instructions.
• Checking, calibrating, testing and verifying the Heat Treatment equipment.
• Verifying that external calibration activities are to the required standard.
• Assisting the Manufacturing Group Leaders in the manufacturing of parts through the production process, ensuring planned times for processes are met.
• You may be required to work alternative shifts/ hours
• You may be required to perform any other reasonable duties/specific projects from time to time and as directed by management.
• Salary of £13- £14 per hour dependent upon experience
• Overtime (when available) paid at time and a half
• Company Bonus Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Employee Referral Programme
• Simply Heath Plan and DIS Benefit after 1 years’ service
• Ability to check components for defects
• Good understanding of quality control procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• In depth knowledge of dye penetrant and magnetic flaw detection
• Engineering experience
• Knowledge of Heat Treatment processes
• Ability to understand engineering drawings
• Knowledge of Rolls Royce specifications is desirable
• Knowledge of NDT processes is desirable
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques is desirable
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com