Job Title: NDT Technician
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
An opportunity is now available to join a private, family- owned UK aerospace manufacturing group. Our client is looking to hire a NDT Technician to be based at their site in Bristol. This is a permanent position working 42 hours per week with an early finish on Fridays.
Established more than 80 years ago they have since merged with a second company to create a leading supplier of complex, machined components and assemblies for the aerospace industry. They have specialist capabilities including thread rolling, heat treatment and NDT with customers in civil, defence, production and aftermarket sectors.
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be responsible for processing and inspecting components using Non Destructive Testing (NDT) by dye penetrant immersion and magnetic flaw detection processes to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements with no cracks or defects. Also, to process components using appropriate and specific Heat Treatment processes to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements with no defects.
• Processing and inspecting components using Non Destructive Testing (NDT) by dye penetrant immersion and magnetic flaw detection processes to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements with no cracks or defects
• Assisting the Manufacturing Group Leaders in the manufacturing of parts through the production process, ensuring planned times for processes are met or improved
• processing components using appropriate and specific Heat Treatment processes to ensure component parts conform to drawing and process requirements with no defects.
• Checking, calibrating, testing and verifying the Heat Treatment equipment
• You may be required to work alternative shifts/ hours
• You may be required to perform any other reasonable duties/ specific projects from time to time and as directed by management.
• Annual Salary of up to £35,000 dependent upon experience
• Company Bonus Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Employee Referral Programme
• Simply Heath Plan
• DIS Benefit after 1 years’ service
• Ability to check components for defects
• Good understanding of quality control procedures
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• In depth knowledge of dye penetrant and magnetic flaw detection
• Engineering experience
• Knowledge of NDT processes
• Knowledge of manufacturing techniques
• Ability to understand engineering drawings
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com