Job Title: Delivery Manager
Salary: £65,000- £75,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: London (hybrid working)
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global aerospace and defence companies as a Delivery Manager. This role will be hybrid working with 2 days per week based at their site in central London (although flexibility will be required) and is a permanent position.
They pioneer the power that matters to their customers, to society and to the planet. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, they put their customers at the forefront of the aviation industry. Their product portfolio powers more than 35 types of commercial aircraft and more than 13,000 engines in-service around the world.
You will be joining the Engine leasing team which was established more than 30 years ago to assist customers purchasing spare aero engines from the wider business. The team provides customers with tailored financial solutions such as a long- term operating leases.
• Responsible for building strong relationships and processes across all Teams regarding the delivery of assets to customers and the redelivery process of assets from customers including liaising with appropriate storage facilities and shipping.
• Delivery process, supplier or system related advancements requested by the Technical Team and wider business. This will include budget, supplier, and stakeholder management. Tasks will include process mapping, prioritising business improvement tasks, reviewing requirements and determining business processes and best practice.
• Responsible for addressing inaccuracies and failings by the business in respect of delivery and redelivery of assets and implementing process improvements to prevent a re-occurrence.
• To agree KPI with Operations Director and be accountable for ensuring that the business hits its required targets regarding data accuracy, proactive engine delivery and re-delivery, management of off lease assets (including storage), efficient delivery, and customer satisfaction.
• Support the marketing team to ensure engines are ready for sale/ lease by having an in depth understanding of timelines and priorities and coordinating with technical & logistics team.
• Provide management and marketing team with data to assist commercial decisions regarding the future course of life for the asset.
• Ensure new additions to the engine portfolio are correctly brought into the fleet in line with process and procedures.
• Ensure smooth delivery of assets to customers, resolving any issues that may arise with required support from various teams.
• Be accountable for the transaction process by ensuring the below points are addressed:
o Engine/ aircraft locations and tracking, including tax implications. This includes obtaining storage confirmations from facilities to support deal governance.
o Capture shipping/ export paperwork/ customs invoices/ inco terms with assistance from logistics
o Parts Lists – including details of the stand and also assist with verification of configuration
o Provide Legal & senior management team with sign off and assurance from a delivery perspective.
• Redefining and managing engines through the lease-end process in a timely manner, coordinating with all teams to solve any issues that may arise (missing parts or records, billing, logistics etc), ensuring all re-delivery costs are captured and recharged where applicable.
• Managing and resolving any disputes that may arise regarding suppliers, delivery, storage, damage, or customers.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
• A competitive salary
• Employee Support Assistance
• Employee discounts
• Retirement Savings
• Retirement Advice
• Individual Savings Account (ISA)
• Lifetime Individual Savings Account (LISA)
• Share purchase Scheme
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Group Life Assurance
• Partner Life Insurance
• Personal Accident Insurance
• Travel Insurance
• Excellent career development/ progression opportunities
• Relevant working experience in the Engine Field
• Experience reviewing and negotiating the technical provisions of engine lease or purchase agreements
• Experience with engine technical records
• Fluent in written and spoken English, additional language skills are a plus.
• Eloquent communication skills, diplomatic skills when dealing with customers
• Affinity with process development and standardisation.
• Strong relationships with OEMs, MROs and Airlines
• Good IT skills
• Autonomous, high level of commitment, flexibility and ability to cope with pressure
• Excellent organisational and communication skills (written and oral)
• Great attention to detail with strong numeracy skills
• Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and escalate issues
• Process oriented but able to use initiative
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com