Head of Operations
Job Title: Head of Operations
Salary: £75,000- £85,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: Winsford, Cheshire/ Hybrid
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global aerospace and defence companies as the Head of Operations. This role will be hybrid- based at their site in Winsford, Cheshire and working from home.
They are a leading global player in the defence aero engine market and pioneer the power that matters to their customers, to society and to the planet. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, they put their customers at the forefront of the aviation industry. From combat to transport, trainers to helicopters, they provide 16,000 military engines and pioneering service solutions to 160 customers in 103 countries.
The role is within a specific part of their business which provides power to military applications when the user is away from the grid network or on the move.
The Head of Operations is critical in the support of both production and business objectives. This is a varied and demanding role, and you will work in collaboration with colleagues across other business functions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will have 11 direct reports and will ultimately be responsible for ensuring that all existing and potential customer contracted requirements are fulfilled in terms of delivery, timeliness, efficiency and quality, through the leadership of the Operational support teams.
• You will provide leadership to Operational functions including Procurement, Material Planning and Control, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Warehousing, Facilities Management and Health and Safety Executives.
• You will be the senior point of contact regarding all operational and site services related matters and be the known point of escalation.
• Management of all health, safety, environmental requirements, and welfare provision to the wider business and other stakeholders.
• Provision and development suitable facilities and site services in support of original equipment and aftermarket work.
• Lead, manage and hold people accountable.
• Develop and maintain a team matched to the requirements of the overall business.
• Manage team to ensure delivery of the business requirements in line with goals, including setting individual and team objectives, assessing performance, setting priorities, planning & managing resources, and recruiting, and developing & retaining competent & motivated staff
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
• Excellent career development/ progression opportunities
• A competitive salary
• Employee Support Assistance
• Employee discounts
• Retirement Savings
• Retirement Advice
• Individual Savings Account (ISA)
• Lifetime Individual Savings Account (LISA)
• Share purchase Scheme
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Group Life Assurance
• Partner Life Insurance
• Personal Accident Insurance
• Travel Insurance
• Degree or equivalent qualification, together with significant relevant Operational experience.
• Demonstrated internal/ external supplier-facing negotiating/ pricing/ claims experience at the most senior levels and has operated within an international environment.
• Established success as a servant leader in developing individuals/ teams and optimising performance of available resource. Mentor others inside and outside of the function and/ or company.
• We are seeking an individual who possess analytical skills, can exercise sound business judgement, is articulate and confident dealing with ambiguity.
• You will demonstrate experience of working well under pressure, to deadlines and be a confident decision maker.
• You will demonstrate strong problem-solving skills, be able to overcome challenges to meet goals and drive for results, possess the ability to honour commitments
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com