Instrumentation Design Engineer
Job Title: Instrumentation Design Engineer
Salary: up to £60,000 per annum dependent upon experience
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global aerospace and defence companies as an Instrumentation Design Engineer. This role will be based at their site in Bristol.
They are a leading global player in the defence aero engine market and pioneer the power that matters to their customers, to society and to the planet. Through intelligent innovation and active collaboration, they put their customers at the forefront of the aviation industry. From combat to transport, trainers to helicopters, they provide 16,000 military engines and pioneering service solutions to 160 customers in 103 countries.
An exciting opportunity for an Instrumentation Design Engineer has arisen within their Assembly and Verification Integrated Program Team which is part of their defence business. The Integrated Program Team integrates across the Tempest Programme and works closely with Manufacturing, Assembly and Test teams to define, manage and deliver the Tempest Engine based Demonstration Programme.
The Instrumentation Design Engineer will join a number of existing Instrumentation Designers in the Integrated Program Team to develop instrumentation solutions for a variety of engine and rig-based test vehicles.
• Plan and undertake Instrumentation Design activities, including requirements capture, concept and detailed design, modelling, drawings and Design Definition Reports.
• Participate in multi-function design reviews and technical forums to ensure alignment of requirements and proposed designs.
• Work collaboratively with Engineers from a variety of disciplines, including Validation & Verification Engineers, Component Design Engineers, Instrumentation Makers, Manufacturing Engineers, Measurement Engineers etc.
• Progress design definitions through process gates to successful completion, maintain lessons learned and focus on continuous improvements in design technology and methods. Also, support manufacture and application of instrumentation, modified components and assemblies.
Benefits Include (but not limited to):
• A competitive salary
• Employee Support Assistance
• Employee discounts
• Retirement Savings
• Retirement Advice
• Individual Savings Account (ISA)
• Lifetime Individual Savings Account (LISA)
• Share purchase Scheme
• Critical Illness Insurance
• Group Life Assurance
• Partner Life Insurance
• Personal Accident Insurance
• Travel Insurance
• Excellent career development/ progression opportunities
• Engineering degree or comparable technical education and experience.
• Knowledge of design principals, instrumentation methods and techniques to enable the definition of instrumentation hardware.
• Experience with Computer Aided Design Software
• Excellent communicator and able to collaborate effectively within the IPT as well as with the wider programme and functions.
• Understands gas turbine operation, assembly processes and manufacturing techniques.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com