Job Title: Engine Technician
Salary: £29,000- £31,000 per annum
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire an Engine Technician to be based at their site in Gosport, Hampshire. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week on average, worked on a 9 day/ fortnight shift pattern.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
This position is a core business activity within the company and contains several different tasks. Most activities in the Engine Shop and Test Cell fall under the broad category of Gas Turbine Engine Repair and Overhaul Technician. A fully trained Engine Fitter can complete to a certain degree, tasks related to the Disassembly, Assembly, Inspection, Balancing, Airflow and Test of a Gas Turbine Engines in accordance with the manufacturer specification and company procedures
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Conduct all work in accordance with company policies, health and safety procedures, quality procedures, manufactures and customer specification and industry regulations.
• Raise Non-conformance reports as necessary.
• Comprehension level of knowledge on product of AD’s, SB’s, CEB’s and SIL’s (Training Provided)
• Perform detailed visual and dimensional inspection of individual parts as per inspection level specified in overhaul or maintenance manual, Detailed Work Instruction (DWI) or Engineering Repair Instruction (ERI).
• Complete all documents related to the work being performed.
• Disassemble engines as per the manufacturer’s instructions
• Visually examine and Detail Inspect engine parts.
• Perform Borescope Inspections on engines.
• Balance rotating components.
• Assemble main engine, modules and all sub-assemblies.
• Flow test of individual components and assemblies.
• Test engines and components.
• Prepare engine for dispatch.
• Annual Salary of £29,000- £33,000 dependent upon experience
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• 4% contributory pension
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Employee Reward Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Strong verbal communication and written skills to work with internal and external stakeholders.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Able to use computers/computer systems.
• Self-motivated, and able to prioritise and manage own workload.
• Good teamwork and problem-solving skills
• Proactive self-learner.
• Team Player
• Additional training/experience in a technical field.
• Ability to use basic hand tools.
• Ability to use and care for precision measuring and torque devices.
• Have an engineering/mechanical background
• Familiarity with quality procedures and documentation including process paperwork, parts routing procedures, Engineering Repair Instructions, Detailed Work Instructions and Non-Conformance Report system.
• Working knowledge of Engine publications and work instructions including overhaul and maintenance manuals, parts catalogues, and service bulletins. (Training Provided)
• Have a recognised engineering apprenticeship and possess relevant certification
• Form 1 holder
• Human Factors Training.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com