Job Title: Kitting Operative
Salary: £23,000- £25,000 per annum
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire a Kitting Operative to be based at their site in Gosport, Hampshire. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week on average.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
Reporting to the Logistics Team Leader, the role of the Kitting Operative is to store and collate material in a controlled manner within a bonded area in support of products in work within the business, and to ensure correct and complete roster of material for delivery to build areas, so that correct assembly of engines or associated modules can be achieved with minimal disruption to operational plan.
• Ensure effective tracking and visibility of all serviceable material appertaining to each project (Order Task) within the engines business.
• Carrying out “material split” when engines are released by Customer Service team – moving material to relevant locations (e.g. internal repair, sub-con despatch, etc).
• Ensure accurate tracking and recording systems maintained, including update of engines paperwork packs.
• Assembling and registering material arriving from stores and repair areas, with material declared serviceable from inspection into complete stillages, ready for delivery to build teams.
• Checking requirements from inspection, to ensure material placed on kitting stillages are of correct type (i.e. part number and modification standard suitability).
• Ensure correct paperwork, identification and certification received and delivered with goods.
• Comply with all risk assessment and internal procedures when handling, packing, storing and transporting material.
• Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement within the Supply Chain.
• Ensure that the good housekeeping practice is maintained within area of responsibility.
• Ensure that all communication is clear, concise and that where relevant is escalated through the Line Manager.
• Ensure that recording of data required to maintain KPI’s is carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Attend training and on-the-job training in support of your role within the Supply Chain.
• Adherence to the Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
• Annual Salary of £23,000- £25,000
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• 4% contributory pension
• Share bonuses
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Employee Reward Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Stores and Packing Experience
• Understanding of Certification Requirements
• Working within a Supply Chain in Aerospace MRO environment
• Ability and experience of handling engineering and/or aerospace parts
• Familiarity with aerospace quality procedures
• Fork- Lift licenced
• Dangerous Goods- or willingness to attend Dangerous Goods training and be prepared to pack Dangerous Goods should the need arise
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com