Job Title: Stores Handler
Salary: £22,000- £24,000 per annum
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire a Stores Handler to be based at their site in Gosport, Hampshire. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week on average.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
Reporting to the Supply Chain and Logistics Manager the purpose of this role is to provide logistic, material handling and warehouse support to meet the requirements of internal and external operational sections and customers to the standards set out in the departments’ agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). The role will be working within the Supply Chain function and will liaise with Material Planners locating and directing parts to the appropriate production areas or sub-contract suppliers. You will work with the Customer Service team to receive/ despatch material between the business and Customer/ Suppliers.
• To work in a designated area in each of the activities within the department pertaining to Supply Chain, including but not limited to Warehousing, Stock Control, Navixa Material Control, Goods In, Goods Out and Stocktaking.
• Receipting material into stock, onto relevant Business ERP System within agreed timescales.
• Ensure accurate tracking and recording systems maintained.
• Issue and delivery of stock in line with planned requirements, KPI’s and within agreed timescales and to the designated location.
• Collect, pack and ship goods from the Despatch, in accordance with best practice and standard.
• Ensure correct paperwork, identification and certification received with goods.
• Undertake routine, planned stocktaking duties and random stock checks as directed.
• Comply with all risk assessment and internal procedures when handling, packing, storing and shipping Dangerous Goods.
• Carry out the effective collection, recording, receipting and locating of Serviceable returns and processing of Unserviceable returns.
• Actively contribute to Continuous Improvement within the Supply Chain.
• Ensure that the good housekeeping practice is maintained within area of responsibility.
• Ensure that all communication is clear, concise and that where relevant is escalated through the Line Manager.
• Ensure that recording of data required to maintain KPI’s is carried out correctly and in a timely manner.
• Attend training and on-the-job training in support of your role within the Supply Chain.
• Adherence to the Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
• Annual Salary of £22,000- £24,000 dependent upon experience
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• 4% contributory pension
• Share bonuses
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Employee Reward Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Ability and experience of handling engineering and/ or aerospace parts
• Familiarity with aerospace quality procedures
• Working within a Supply Chain in Aerospace MRO environment (desirable)
• Stores and packing experience (essential)
• Understanding of Certification Requirements (essential)
• Fork Lift (desirable)
• Dangerous Goods (desirable)
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com