Supplier Quality Engineer
Job Title: Supplier Quality Engineer
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 per annum
Location: Gosport, Hampshire
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire a Supplier Quality Engineer to be based at their site in Gosport, Hampshire. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week on average.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
The role of the Supplier Quality Engineer is to provide independent assurance of supplier compliance with all business procedures, maintenance and regulatory standards and to develop processes to monitor and control suppliers. To maintain an effective Supplier Quality Management System (QMS) across the UK business.
• The main responsibilities of the Supplier Quality Engineer will include developing and maintaining the quality performance of suppliers, driving quality management according to company procedures and relevant regulatory standards, generating and reporting supplier KPI’s, driving improvement plans with suppliers and analysing and reporting non- conformities.
• Undertake planned assurance/ compliance activities including the performance process, product and compliance audits on suppliers.
• Perform proactive and regular operational activity surveillance promoting best practice as well as highlighting areas for improvement with a view to minimising the likelihood of quality escapes.
• Assist the Operations, Engineering and all Support functions regarding the Quality Management System (QMS) and product investigation cycle as deemed necessary by Quality Management with the ultimate aim to minimise the possibility of faulty products reaching the customer and improving in-house quality measures.
• Ensure that any planned corrective / preventative actions are implemented within the desired timeframe and they are suitably robust to prevent recurrence of future similar and related quality escapes.
• Compilation of contract specific Quality Assurance documentation, Quality Management Plans and Procedures, ensuring such comply with Regulatory Authorities, Customer and Third Party requirements.
• Assist in the management of the Company Non-Conformance Reporting System (Q-Pulse).
• Developing and reviewing Quality Assurance procedures ensuring compliance with regulations and standards and reviewing and publishing Business Management System procedures.
• Support Company process / efficiency improvement events.
• Influence and support all areas of the business in delivering Customer satisfaction. To maintain a competent and independent Quality function that delivers the correct level of quality assurance across the business, and ensuring that audits are conducted by suitably qualified, competent and independent personnel.
• Able to travel to other locations to assist in regulatory/certification audits when required.
• To provide statistical analysis on Supplier Quality performance, and report on the effectiveness of the Quality Management System, to the Quality Manager.
• To manage and maintain a Continued Professional Development plan to ensure personally remaining competent and up to date with regulatory changes.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that could expose employees, customers, suppliers, or members of the public, to risk of harm. and that the respective BU Directors are ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that expose the company to Quality related financial risks and providing support to the respective BU Directors in ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To bring to the attention of the Quality Manager, any situation that could seriously effect product conformity, Air Safety or continued regulatory approvals, and providing support to the respective BU Directors in ensuring appropriate action is being taken to address them.
• To ensure an assessment of all suppliers is conducted to satisfy the needs of the organisation, and any associated risks are identified, and providing support to ensure they are managed effectively by the relevant BU.
• Undertaking activities necessary to provide assurance that all Company Certifying and Support Staff are competent and appropriately authorised.
• Annual Salary of £40,000- £45,000 dependent upon experience
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• 4% contributory pension
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Employee Reward Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Ideally have a background in Supplier Quality Assurance in an Aerospace organisation, good technical knowledge and proven experience in a previous supplier quality role.
• AS9100 and/or ISO9001 fully qualified lead auditor.
• HNC or equivalent in an engineering discipline (preferably aerospace based).
• Formal military and civil regulatory training (MAOS, DAOS, CFAOS, EASA/CAA Part-145, EASA/CAA Part CAMO, MilCAMO.
• Lead Auditor trained and a comprehensive track record in successful delivery.
• Chartered Quality Professional status.
• Knowledge of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul processes.
• Good interpersonal skills, IT skills, good overall business knowledge.
• Able to deliver results vital to business success whilst being fully supportive to other team members.
• Understanding of military and civil aviation practices, Continuing Airworthiness Management.
• Understanding of the application of AS9100 or AS9110.
• Understanding of Defence Standards and Allied Quality Assurance Procedures.
• Understanding of statistical analysis.
• Demonstrable ability to influence decision making process across all levels.
• Demonstrable ability to build positive relationships with military and civil regulatory authorities.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com