Job Title: Technician- Dynamic Components
Salary: up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
Location: Almondbank, Perth
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire a Technician- Dynamic Components to be based at their site in Almondbank, Perth. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week on average.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
Reporting into the Production Manager, you will be responsible for the safe maintenance, repair and overhaul activities of Dynamic components (Drivetrain Assemblies), to meet customer demands in an agreed timescale.
• Performance of MRO activities on Dynamic component assemblies, through teardown, inspection, re-assembly and testing activities, including troubleshooting/problem solving of faults.
• Comply fully with the company Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals.
• Carry out maintenance tasks using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant approved source documentation.
• Complete and maintain work experience and training record entries, to demonstrate competence and continuing professional development.
• Attend and contribute to team meetings.
• Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals through SQCDP (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery, People) system, ensuring that the team monitors all aspects of their Safety, Quality and efficiency performance and, where necessary, implement corrective action to improve standards.
• Achieve maximum flexibility, by undertaking training and mentoring staff members and/or apprentices as appropriate.
• Agree to do other duties within the team to support team output.
• Work within and promote the Company Values.
• Participation in Continuous Improvement or other related activities as detailed by their Line Manager and Company requirements.
• Annual Salary of up to £30,000 dependent upon experience
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• 4% contributory pension
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• BUPA Private Healthcare
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Employee Reward Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Eye care vouchers
• Cycle to work Scheme
• Recognised indentured apprenticeship or military equivalent.
• Team Worker that has the ability to fully interact with other team members.
• Ability to manage priorities in a busy working environment, and follow a given production schedule.
• Excellent communication skills required both written and verbal.
• Excellent numerical skills.
• Good attention to detail and ensures accuracy.
• Good interpersonal skills, IT skills, able to manage own workload in a team environment, delivering results vital to business success whilst being fully supportive to other team members.
• Ability to read and use precision measuring equipment.
• Ability to read and understand Technical Engineering Drawings/ Manuals/ Standards
• Previous experience within an aerospace environment would be beneficial.
• Ability to provide advice as a subject matter expert
• Background knowledge of aviation maintenance, repair and overhaul processes
• Has knowledge and experience of ERP systems.
• Dynamic component experience.
• Recognised engineering qualification to ONC/HNC/HND standard.
• Human Factors Training.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com