Job Title: Technician- Machine Shop
Salary: £32,000- £34,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: Perth, Scotland
An opportunity is now available to join one of the world’s largest, independent providers of aerospace services. My client is looking to hire a Technician within their Machine Shop to be based at their site just outside of Perth, Scotland. This is a permanent position working 37 hours per week.
Established more than 100 years ago, they employ approximately 6000 people worldwide and have a customer base which includes regional airlines, commercial transportation providers, corporate flight departments, private operators, government agencies and defence departments. Their services include engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications.
Reporting to the Machine Shop and NDT Manager, the Technician is responsible for the maintenance of aircraft components allocated to the relevant platform/ programme.
• Will effectively carry out, a variety of maintenance activities and modification programme in accordance with his or her trade, qualifications and authorisations only using current authorised procedures as laid down in the relevant approved source documentation.
• Contribute to team delivery of agreed targets and goals
• Complying with Tool Control Procedures in accordance with relevant ABM procedure.
• Attend and contribute to team meetings
• Carry out ABC reviews
• Support a climate of continuous improvement to assist Productivity, Quality and create a leaner environment
• To achieve maximum flexibility team members will undertake training and train other team members.
• They will also be required to undertake work to the highest level of competence.
• Agree to do other duties within the team to support team output.
• Work within and promote the Behavioural Competences.
• Ensure that debris generated in their work area is removed/cleaned in a timely fashion.
• Mentor/train any Apprentices as and when necessary.
• Carry out Final inspection duties as per JAP and ABM procedures.
• Where applicable, update of MOD tracking systems (WRAM).
• Ensuring that continuation training is up to date and that packs are read and signed for.
• Adherence to our Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety Management Systems (SMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and all associated Business Manuals
• Annual Salary of up to £34,000 dependent upon experience
• Bonus Scheme (non contractual) quarterly and annual based on company performance
• Flexible working hours
• 4% contributory pension
• 206 hours holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance- 4 x annual salary
• Occupational Sick Pay- increases year on year to maximum of 12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks half pay
• Onsite canteen
• Onsite parking
• Previous experience in Milling, Turning, Grinding
• Knowledge of CNC Fanuc Programming.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com