Technical Sales Engineer/ Service Repair Technician
Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer/ Service Repair Technician
Salary: up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Aeropeople are currently recruiting a Technical Sales Engineer/ Service Repair Technician on behalf of our client, a leading global manufacturer and supplier of aerospace composite repair equipment to join their successful team in North Cambridgeshire.
Established more than 40 years ago, they provide a full range of hot bonders, accessories, technical and training services, and materials for the repair of composite structures. Their primary customers are OEM’s, Defence organisations, commercial airlines and MRO facilities- providing them with the expertise and tools to repair composite flight controls and other aircraft parts.
Reporting to the Technical Sales Manager the Technical Sales Engineer will repair, calibrate, test, and perform quality control on equipment. They will carry out customer visits and equipment training and act as point-of-contact for I.T. and facility issues.
Hours of work are 37.5 per week; Monday- Thursday 8am- 4.30pm and Friday 8am- 1.30pm
• Perform calibration and repair of equipment, including the production of Calibration Certificates.
• Travel to visit customers and provide technical support on equipment.
• Test and troubleshoot manufactured assemblies and equipment to correct abnormal conditions.
• Program process controllers and load software in equipment, including updating/upgrading hot bonder software when necessary.
• Provide hot bonder training to customers, both in-house and on-site.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment and systems using manufacturer’s documentation and trade knowledge.
• Maintain complete and accurate documentation, including accounting for all materials used and time expended.
• Verify bill of materials to reflect actual parts used or configuration changes.
• Initiate and process Non-conformance Reports (NCRs) and required documentation.
• Maintain equipment database.
• Act as point-of-contact for I.T. and facility issues, including assisting in facility repairs and minor improvements as needed.
• Continually seek to stay up-to-date on new equipment and product knowledge, including travelling to Corporate Office to improve knowledge of repair procedures.
• Adhere to and comply with the Quality Manual and procedures.
• Assist with other tasks, as and when necessary.
• Annual salary of up to £35,000 per annum dependent upon experience
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
• Company pension
• Company medical scheme
• On site parking
• Technical program and previous technical/ electrical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to test and troubleshoot equipment; service calibration; provide technical sales support of electro-mechanical equipment; complete accurate final quality control; and provide journeyman-level custom assembly, installation, and repair of electrical equipment and systems.
• Possess a working knowledge of electricity, electronics, hand and soldering tools, and have ability to read a multi-meter.
• Ability to use a personal computer and computer operating systems. Proficiency with low-level computer systems (DOS), serial communications, and file transfer functions.
• Ability to read and interpret work instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple instructions.
• Ability to apply concepts of arithmetic and geometry, specifically Ohm’s Law.
• The employee must regularly turn and twist while holding 25 pounds and lift and/or move 40 pounds.
• Employees are required to know and abide by all safety rules and programs. Employees must observe and practice safe working conditions and report any condition that does not meet safety standards.
• Combination of usual office conditions and manufacturing environment. Employee may occasionally experience exposure to elements such as dust, heat, cold, or chemicals.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com