Job Title: 1st Line Support Engineer
Salary: £22,500- £28,000 dependent upon experience
Aeropeople are currently looking to hire a 1st Line Support Engineer to be based at our client’s Stansted site. Established more than 20 years ago the company is a leading business aviation service provider offering high quality, FBO services from their 2 UK sites. This is a full time, permanent role working 8am- 5pm, Monday- Thursday and 8am- 4.30pm on Fridays although some out of hours support will be required on a rota basis.
Whilst the role will be primarily based at Stansted there will be some travel required to their other site in Luton from time to time, therefore applicants must have a UK driving licence and access to their own transport.
Reporting into their Director of Information Technology & Business Processes, the purpose of the role is to provide exceptional 1st line support to 300 users, both onsite and remotely, by effectively managing all support requests through to resolution whilst building relationships with their internal customers.
• Being first point of contact for all inbound service requests raised by various communication channels. Initial triage and prioritisation of new support calls and escalating to 2nd/3rd Line to ensure a timely resolution and closure.
• Appropriately logging service requests and dealing with password resets, processing new user requests, account changes, deletions, installing new equipment and undertaking office moves.
• Diagnose and resolve basic issues with laptops, desktops, mobile phones and printers.
• Identify and troubleshoot basic network issues.
• Provide support for standard applications used within the business such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint and other Microsoft 365 products. Troubleshoot using remote access tools appropriately.
• Maintaining and administering user accounts via Active Directory.
• Supporting business critical applications and all in house related software, including user provisioning.
• Undertake PC/Laptop builds with OS and software deployment via SCCM and PDQ.
• Administering, monitoring and patching Microsoft Servers in a VMware ESXi virtual environment.
• Controlling, managing and reporting of all site assets.
• Develop solutions database to aide end user self-service support.
• Identifying and recommending any improvements to existing support procedures, in order to deliver efficiencies or improvements.
• As required, work closely with external providers to ensure any support requirements are delivered to assist in call resolution
• Ensure all data protection activities complete successfully on the pre-arranged schedule.
• Annual salary of £22,500- £28,000 dependent upon experience
• Auto enrolment Pension Scheme- 3% company contribution and 5% employee contribution
• 22 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 27 days after 5 years’ service
• Birthday day off
• Holiday purchase scheme
• Reward Card offering discounts (after successful probation)
• Perkbox – discounts on high street stores, cinema tickets, holidays, insurance, etc.
• Free Parking.
• Driving licence is essential as well as own transport
• You will need to have the ability to build effective relationships with both colleagues and internal customers, to ensure the lifecycle of incidents and service requests are completed to the customer’s satisfaction.
• An ability to prioritise, organise and escalate workload issues to your line manager, in a timely manner is essential to being successful within this role.
• You should have good problem-solving skills and have previous experience working within a customer focussed environment.
• You should be a good communicator with excellent telephone skills and high levels of written and spoken English.
• You will need to be able to cope well under pressure as well as be able to work independently or as part of a team.
• You should have good knowledge of:
o Windows Server
o Exchange Administration
o Office / Office 365
o Windows 10
o Active Directory / DNS / DHCP / Group Policy
o SCCM / WSUS
o Microsoft Data Protection Manager
o Networks Printers and Multi-Functional Devices
• Knowledge of the following would be considered beneficial:
o ITIL Framework
o GDPR and UK Data Protection legislation.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com