Aircraft Engine Technician
Job Title: Aircraft Engine Technician
Salary: £35,000- £50,000 per annum dependent upon experience
We currently have a vacancy to join an engine management services company as an Aircraft Engine Technician. This role will be based at their site at Stansted Airport and is a permanent position.
Established 12 years ago, they deliver completely bespoke MRO and quick response solutions to the global aviation industry. They currently specialise in the maintenance and repair of CFM-56, CF34, CF6, PW4000, V2500, RB211 and Trent 700 engines but are due to expand their capabilities to other engine types. Engine repairs and maintenance contracts are carried out at their facility in Stansted or remotely via their fast response Near-Wing support division.
As an Aircraft Engine Technician you will be part of the team for all maintenance and repair activities in the workshop while liaising with the Team Leaders and Workshop Manager to meet daily work demands. This position is key to activities in the workshop to enable work to be completed in line with customer requirements and expectations while adhering to industry standards. There will be occasional requirements to work away from base in the field (either near-wing or on-wing).
The engine types worked on are: CFM56, LEAP, V2500, RB211, CF6, CF34, PW4000, PW1000G and Trent700.
The role will require a flexible approach with a can-do attitude.
It is essential that applicants have previous company approval for at least one of the engine types above.
• To be part of the team working on various maintenance and repair workscopes as part of the day-to-day operation in a busy workshop.
• To be part of the team working on effectively turning around engine shop inputs while meeting company objectives, working with the wider team to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• To meet and maintain the standards set by the business and the regulatory authorities.
• To ensure all work is carried out IAW the relevant manuals.
• To conduct all tasks in a timely and accurate manner ensuring turnaround times are kept to a minimum
• To promote a safe working environment and culture, conducive to good, efficient maintenance practices
• To assist with the implementation of company directives and strategies for the continued success and growth of the business.
• To contribute to and co-operate with all staff members to meet performance targets and goals.
• To maintain the expected quality standards.
• To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety and Security Policies at all times.
• To maintain proper standards of integrity, conduct and concern for the interests of the company and its customers.
• To comply with Human Factors at all times.
• 23 days holiday per year (increases after 3 years by 1 day per year to a max of 35 days) plus bank holidays
• Your birthday off
• Private Medical Insurance
• Voluntary Pension
• Gym Membership
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Quarterly Meet & Eat
• Employee of the Quarter
• Regular social events
• Uniform provided
• Time served aerospace industry apprentice with a minimum of 2 years’ experience post apprenticeship.
• Previous experience of working in a busy engine shop on the engine types listed above.
• Excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Knowledge of engine shop manuals and associated manuals including relevant ATA chapters.
• Awareness of Part 145 and FAA regulations.
• A previously held company approval on at least one of the engine types above.
• Borescope Inspection experience would be desirable.
• Current Human Factors training, EWIS level 1 & 2 and fuel tank safety level 1 & 2 would be an advantage but can be provided.
• Must be flexible and willing to move between work areas within the business as required
• Must be able to follow Technical Instructions from ESM, CMM, SRM, IPC etc.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to identify problems, undertake corrective action or propose alternative methods/systems in order to improve output or quality or to overcome functional problems.
• A forklift licence would be desirable but training can be provided
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com