Working From Home Top Tips
Aeropeople are committed to supporting you during these challenging times. Please read below for our top tips on getting the most out of working from home and keeping productivity at an all-time high.
Increase your productivity
- Create a routine by waking up at the same time every morning, taking a shower and getting dressed in preparation for your day. Try and keep this as similar to your normal work pattern as possible to add structure to your day.
- Make sure you are taking regular breaks to ensure you are being productive when working.
- Keep your work area clean, comfortable and where sunlight can reach you. Ensure it is a habitat where you can excel!
Stay in touch
- Keep in contact with your team members frequently. You can do this by daily updates to keep on top of actions and re-prioritise. It’s important to just stay in touch with people while you are working remotely so you and your colleagues don’t become isolated.
- Make sure you are in a clean and well-lit room when video conferencing. Impressions count!
Managing your time effectively
- Schedule when you will be doing specific tasks and keep these in your calendar.
- Stay focused on your task list by setting targets at the beginning of the day and making sure these are completed by the end of the day. This will give you a feeling of accomplishment.
- Adhere to your deadlines.
- Maintain your scheduled breaks to refresh your body and mind.
- Try to maintain your regular working hours as closely as possible.
Keeping fit & healthy
- Make sure you have plenty of healthy refreshments to hand by your work station at home. Good hydration and nutrition is key to maintaining health and productivity. Stick to your lunch break. Make sure you take time away from your computer to take a mental break from work and come back refreshed and feeling productive.
- Make sure to exercise, whether that is a walk, spending some time in your garden or something more vigorous. Keeping fit and healthy not only helps to keep in good shape, but can also help with your mental state. This is extremely important to maintain during your time at home and in isolation.