Principal Engineer- Software (90630)
Job Title: Principal Engineer- Software
Salary: £55,000- £62,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Barrow in Furness/ Frimley/ Filton/ Portsmouth/ Weymouth or Brough
We currently have a vacancy to join one of the world’s leading, global defence, security and aerospace companies as a Principal Engineer- Software. This role can be based at any of the following sites: Barrow in Furness, Frimley, Filton, Portsmouth, Weymouth or Brough. Hybrid working is an option but the role would require someone to be on site at least 1 week per month.
The company works at the cutting edge of technology, creating more than 100 new inventions every year for customers in over 100 countries.
Working within the C&I team, you will support the ongoing submarine programmes throughout the engineering lifecycle from concept through in service support, ensuring that we deliver an effective capability and a platform that ensures the safety of its crew.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on major, high profile engineering programme for Submarine Platforms in design and build, enabling you to interact with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
• Development of requirements
• Implementation of the design
• Testing design, development and execution
• Carrying out integration of software
• Configuring, releasing and deploying of the product
• Carrying out functional design specifications
• Authoring of models within an applicable toolset
• Enhanced Pension scheme- up to 14% combined
• Flexible working pattern including working from home/ flexible start and finish times
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays- 26 days after 5 years’ service/ 27 days after 10 years’ service
• Shared Incentive Plan
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Life Assurance (you and your spouse/ partner)- 6 x salary
• Ill Health Income Protection/ Private Medical Insurance- 50% of salary
• Degree or equivalent in relevant engineering subject such as Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Instrumentation
• Either hold or willing to work towards Chartership
• Software specialist with experience of industry control systems in particular Siemens, Rockwell, GE (Cots Equipment)
• Demonstrable experience within a leadership role is desirable
• Experience with Programming Languages & Tools is desirable
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com