Job Title: Aircraft Trimmer
Salary: £21 per hour
Location: Biggin Hill
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for an Aircraft Trimmer on behalf of our client based in Biggin Hill.
Our client is a leader in aircraft servicing & refurbishment and have established a respected aircraft interior, exterior and completions model that offers additional choices and more flexibility when it comes to advancing traditional MRO services.
Established in 2007, the company is now part of a global aerospace business group which provides capacity solutions for passenger and cargo airlines worldwide. The wider group manages over 100 offices and production facilities around the world and employs over 10,000 aviation professionals serving more than 2000 clients across 5 continents.
Reporting to the Team Leader/ Supervisor the purpose of this role is to trim soft furnishings in (Leather, Ultra Leather/Suede, Fabric, Tedlars, Airdec, Schnellar, ETC) to Drawings & patterns, to follow process layout and work instructions & to complete work packs in allocated time and to the correct quality standard.
This is a permanent position working 40 hours per week with overtime available.
• Trim & Assemble in accordance with build instructions.
Use tool jigs and fixtures to provide correct assembly.
Ensure the highest standard of quality products.
Maximise the use of materials and processes.
• Pay rate of £21 per hour
• Nest company pension
• 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
• A good academic standard of education & previous experience gained in a similar or related manufacturing environment.
• Upholstery experience work with leathers and fabrics
• Previous experience within aircraft/ automotive/ boat or clothing sectors
• Experience in the use of industrial machinery & adhesives
• Trim experience with various materials including leather, cloth & decor materials such as Schneller/ Isovolta.
• Excellent hand skills and dexterity with all tools normally associated with the trade.
• Ability to work to a high standard with a wide variety of covering materials, particularly leather.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Dextrous, quality conscious, with a keen eye for detail
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com