CAMO Safety Coordinator
Job Title: CAMO Safety Coordinator
Salary: £45,000- £54,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Carterton, Oxfordshire
Aeropeople are currently recruiting for a CAMO Safety Coordinator on behalf of our client based in Carterton, Oxfordshire.
This is an opportunity to be part of a world leading aviation service provider, working for a company that is truly committed to the development of its employees. The business provides end to end maintenance, military and civil flying programmes, training and major aircraft upgrades.
The purpose of the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation (CAMO) Safety Coordinator is to analyse safety data and identify safety trends to inform management decisions.
This will be a hybrid working role- 2 days per week in the office and 3 days per week from home.
• Review and analyse safety data and produce reports relating to identified trends and Safety Performance Indicators (SPIs) relating to CAMO activities. Inform and report on these trends to CAMO management.
• Support the management of the Engineering risk register.
• Identifying and recommending to Engineering management any additional risks to manage.
• Coordinate and Lead the Engineering Safety Action Group (ESAG).
• Attend Safety Steering Committee (ASSC) and appraise wider company of trends identified and mitigations
• Lead Management Of Change (MOC) activity within the Engineering organisation
• Provide guidance on the completion of Engineering risk assessments
• Manage and update as required engineering procedures relevant to role following best practice
• Ensuring that any findings raised within the department are processed with root cause, then corrective and preventative actions in the set time frames
• Operate as an integral member of the CAMO team, contributing effectively to all functional matters including continual improvement.
• Support investigations by providing reporting and oversight.
• Contribute to the management of Airworthiness Directive compliance and provide assurance to senior managers.
• Manage and support the safety risk assessment process for all non-mandatory modifications, and periodically health-check the assessments.
• Build and maintain relationships with third party associations or organisations to further the quality and safety performance and participate in any external meetings as required by the Engineering Manager.
• Annual salary of £45,000- £54,000 dependent upon experience
• Hybrid working
• Annual Bonus scheme
• Contributory Pension scheme
• 25 holiday days plus bank holidays
• Private Medical Insurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Income Protection
• Life Assurance Cover
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Local gym discount
• Previous experience in safety monitoring.
• Ability to author documentation and update manuals.
• Demonstrable effective leadership with an innovative approach and logical, systematic problem solving ability.
• Conversant with Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Airworthiness regulation.
• Ability to make sound decisions and an ability to work to tight deadlines in a complex and demanding environment.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the department.
• Be proficient in the English language (written, verbal & reading).
• Must have an eye for detail, producing clear and accurate data analysis and reports.
• Knowledge of the BowTie methodology.
• Previous similar role in airline environment.
• Experience of Safety Management Systems, hazard analysis and risk assessment.
Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Whether you’re looking for your next job or searching out the next superstar to join your team…
Aeropeople’s expertise and experience is entrenched in the aerospace, aviation, engineering, motorsport, automotive, and defence industries. We have the insight and know-how at both a local and international level to help bring people and businesses together, saving time and energy. Our capability is validated through our Engineering Services division encompassing Aircraft Line Maintenance services and Continuing Airworthiness Maintenance Organisation (CAMO), combined with our Aviation Training division offering technical training aircraft courses.
During registration, please let us know where you are currently located or which locations you would consider taking a position in, required salary and notice period.
For the latest news, events and jobs please search ‘Aeropeople Ltd’ on LinkedIn and Facebook for our latest jobs or visit www.aeropeople.com